Joist Hangers

Hello, I'm replacing a suspended floor in the kitchen. The wall plates on opposing walls have rotten and I originally intended to just replace them. However I have seen joist hangers that would also seem to do a similar job. Trouble is I can't use the type you hang over timber or masonry and would have to use face fitted ones. Question is will face fitted hangers support the joists adequately? If so what is the most secure method of attaching the hangers to the masonry. Thanks Scott

Reply to
Rothers

I can't comment on your proposed plan and to be honest a chat with a builder who can see exactly what you are proposing would be a good idea. In the meantime you can visit

which is a manufacturer of joist hangers.

Reply to
nthng2snet

Why would they not if they are made for the job and are of the correct size for the proposal?

Depends a bit on the size, but there is a whole range of different screws/bolts with bits that expand in the hole. The weight is taken at right angles to the screw so its strength and fixing does not have to be particularly great.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham