draining central heating

Hi guys,

I am going to drain my cenral heating system so I can put a towel rail in, only problem is I cannot find the valve to empty it. Its meant to be at the lowest point but i'll be dammed if I can find it!!

I have a header tank from what I can see and I don't have a conbination boiler!! I have just notised that I don't have any bleed valves on the radiators though!! Can anybody help?

Thanks Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

If there are no drain valves you could insert a couple on the lowest pipe runs, one in each water flow direction. If there is no means of bleeding air from the radiators (are you sure they haven't got automatic bleed valves?) you could replace one of the top end stops on each radiator with a bleed valve, with the system drained down of course!

Reply to
Codswallop

Are you sure your bleed valves aren't behind the rads

Reply to
Vinnie

I took my central heating system out when I came into my new house, because it was old and the previous owners had painted the rads and all the valves etc. Try as I might, I couldn't get the valves free no matter what I did. In the dining room was a more modern Myson rad, but there were no bleed valves on it at all, only the inlet and outlet. I never seen one of these before.

Reply to
the_constructor