Concrete Slab - How long to leave formers before putting in next slab?

Hi, I am having a go at putting in my own concrete slab for a music room in the garden - don't laugh..With a bit of help from a friend with big muscles and a mixer..

We have just finished two outer strips - but how long do I have to leave the formers in place before removing them and putting the central section in?

Please say a couple of hours is enough - as I would like to get it done today - whilst I have the aforementioned friend and mixer captive. I fear, after this morning, if I let him go, he won't come back..

And yes, it had to be in the garden. If you heard me play, you would know why..

Reply to
Palindr☻me

I wouldn't have thought the concrete would have gone off enough in only two hours unless you'd put some quick setting compound into it. Overnight would be OK. If you take the shuttering out too soon you may get a slump.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

He's already got a slump. That's why he needs the muscly friend :-))

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

At least a day before you can take the shuttering away (formers) more if it has been wet or frosty.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

LOL, anything that I have that has a slump is for me to know and Aubade to conceal..

But, I have taken everyone's advice and left it for the night.

Thanks girls (and guys).

Sue

Reply to
Palindr☻me