Concealed Hinge adjustment

Anybody know of a good site that explains exactly how to adjust those maddening concealed hinges that are on most kitchen doors?
--
Steve

http://www.ikeafans.com/FAQInstallationHingeAdjustment.htm

Cheers.
I have also now found.
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/cupboarddoors.htm
--
Steve

Try this
http://www.ikeafans.com/FAQInstallationHingeAdjustment.htm
Google is your friend, Google "hinge adjustment"
HTH
John

Thanks. I did Google of course but never came up with that one.
I have found this however.
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/cupboarddoors.htm
--
Steve

Strange, I wonder how Google actually works? the link I posted was the first hit in my search. I have known this before I was once talking a friend through something and told him to 'Google' and he could see completely different hits to me! Glad you are sorted.
Cheers
John

You probably already know this ... bit, it tends to depend on whether strings are quoted or not as quoting will give more specific search terms rather than a list of strings.
Not sure whether searching from google.com or google.co.uk makes any difference though.
Steve Rainbird wrote:

its hardly rocket science is it? there are independent screws for evertything you might need.
Up and down is controlled on the two larger screws that hold the hinge assembly to the carcase, and the lateral shift of the top, and or bottom of the closed door is controlled by the screws inside the assembly.

Very helpful I'm sure! Just like saying that in a car one pedal makes it go faster and the other makes it stop, but which is which!! Yes it can be worked out by 'trail and error' but a picture speaks a thousand words, my Granny used to say "If you cannot say anything useful then keep quiet"!
Cheers
John
John wrote:

Well fuck you, too.

You couldn't afford me!!
John
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Have you read the description carefully? It is a perfectly good description of what to do if you study it while looking at a pair of hinges on a door.
<Rant on> I am a fan of this group as it gives good advice and opinion on many subjects, but what dissapionts me is the way in which some posters do not appear to thonk before flaming the advice given.
John, If you think that not being given a list of press button A, press button B etc deserves a rude reply, then I feel sorry for you
<Rant off>
Malcolm

Malcolm, if you read the posting in the correct order you will see that I DID NOT ask the question but gave advice to the original poster (OP). The OP did not ask to be treated like an idiot only for advice, which I, and many others, are only too willing to give unlike "The Natural Philosopher".
Cheers
John
John wrote:

I gave perfectly clear advice.
But apparently unless its on the level of a video tutorial for mental defectives, its not adequate.
I recieved a stunningly insulting response.

I DID NOT give a "stunningly insulting response" unlike you and I quote "Well fuck you, too". My response was fair in the context of your first answer, re read the postings and I am sure you will agree. I am now no longer responding to posts in this thread as the OP has obtained the info he requires.
Cheers
John
John wrote:

I think this IS a stunningly insulting answer, but if you want flattery. alt.my.ego.is.bigger.than.yours is that way ->
I have been in kitchen for over 30 years & agree that the description was good.
However I found the most important settings were to have all the doors the same height relative to the cabinet, also make sure that the hinge side of the door is parallel to the carcase, if the doors are not pretty good then, you have not fitted the furniture correctly.
Verbose description can follow
--
regards
dave batter

Thanks Dave.
I have managed to do it ok now.
--
Steve

I would like to thank everybody who has me sound considerate advice.
I know you can Google for answers but sometimes you don't get the all the possibilities that way.
Just because a site tells you how to do it it does not make it the best site for everybody.
I also am a fan of this group because usually advice is given without suggesting that the OP is (as my son would say) a Durr-brain for asking.
--
Steve