Computer from 1980/90

Cast your minds back friends to the 1980's and 1990's please.
A friend of mine used to own a computer, but he has forgotten the make of it, but I can remember it quite well.
Black in colour. Full QWERTY keyboard, with grey keys. The keyboard was on a slope then it was flat towards the back. It had a telephone modem inside. It had a 3.5" 720k floppy drive on the righthand side and used to run on MS-Dos. It has the usual sockets on the back for video, printer, I/O ports etc.
At the back it stood about 4" high and front to back at the base would be something like12" or more.
It wasn't a Spectrum or a QL, or BBC, because they didn't run MS-Dos.
Any ideas please ? I think it was quite advanced for it's time
Jim
the_constructor wrote:

remove wrote:

Maybe An Apple34. loads of pics here. Let me know I am intrigued now.
http://tinyurl.com/yfvzdl9
remove wrote:

http://www.old-computers.com/museum /
remove wrote:

http://oldcomputers.net
remove wrote:

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c ^1 http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c The case bore a striking resemblance to the Atari 520 ST case. It had a built-in 3.5" floppy drive on the right and mouse and joystick ports under the keyboard. And indeed the PC-200 was officially marketed as an Atari 520-ST competitor : same price, same disk drive, same memory (512k) and same design.
remove wrote:

http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/articles/pc200review.htm
With hindsight, that article is hilarious.

I liked the part where it sneers at the "clunky old 5.25" drive, because this one has a shiny new 3.5" drive. Woohoo!
500 quid with a colour monitor in 1988???? Bit steep!

Brilliant..... yes yes yes..... It was a Sinclair PC200
My thanks to all. I'll see if it jogs my friends memory now.
Would love to get one of these old machines... Have to look on ebay...
Thanks again
Jim

Sounds like a description of a Memotech. I nearly bought one.
http://www.heydon.org/kevan/collection/pictures/memotech-mtx512-large.jpg
There were a few different models, and I can't now recall all the details.
--
Andrew Gabriel

SAomeone on another group pointed me to this PSinclair PC200
This is what I was asking about.....
My reply to other group