combi & room stat compatability question

I am about to upgrade my central heating system to a sealed system with a combi. We are having the loft converted so the header tanks have to go. The heating is old anyway with a single pipe system so I am going to replace the lot. I have agreed with the loft conversion company that I will replace all the rads and pipework and there plumber will fit the new boiler and commission the system before fitting the shower room in the loft. I am going to source the boiler myself (hoping to save a bit of money??)
I have kind of decided on the Baxi Combi 133 HE Plus. I have had baxi in the past with no probs and it seems quite a lot of boiler for the money. I like the idea of not having to wire in the room thermostat. I was going to site it on the up stairs landing. I have no idea how they work if there are compatibility problems was considering the HONEYWELL CM67 RF Y6667D1086 PROGRAMMABLE ROOM STAT (WIRELESS).
Should this combo work out ok
Would I need anything else to control the boiler
What does it need in way of electricity etc
What does the remote stat 'talk' too
Any comments on choice of boiler etc welcomed
We have a small two-story Victorian terrace 2 bed soon to be three, one bathroom soon to be two.
Colin

Colin, I can't answer your question about the Baxi and a room stat, but I have a Glow Worm combi condensing boiler with TRV's on each radiator, bar one. TRV stands for `Thermostatic Radiator Valve`, these valves sense room temperature and can be adjusted by the householder to their required comfort temperature.
This means that you can set the individual temperature in each room dependant on your requirements. e.g. bedrooms are at a lower temperature than the lounge.
Works fine for me and I can't think why it shouldn't for you.
Steve
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:22:06 GMT, "Colin Hamilton"

Sorry to bring a damp cloud over you, but you can't really go down this route without some preparation.
You should first discuss the whole project in detail with the plumber. He will advise on boiler, connections and such like. If he agrees to cooperate with you doing the work, then proceed.
I would advise not buying anything until a discussion has taken place.

Colin,
Like the poster above I don't know what the Baxi 133's are like but I have a Glowworm Swiftflow combi boiler in my house with thermostatic radiator valves on the radiators. I find this works very well. I have the exact temperature I want in all the rooms. I know that with the boiler I have when the radiators reach temperature the internal thermostats turn the boiler off until more heating is needed.
If you install a single room thermostat you will probably find you will adjust the temperature to your requirements for the room where you are situated most of the time (I.a. for the living room) but some of the other rooms will be too cold because the thermostat will turn the radiators off. What you will do then is turn up the thermostat and the heating will be on most of the time which I think negates the point of having it in the first place.
message

That is not true. The boiler is wasting fuel in such circumstances by heating water that is not used for heating the house.

You use TRVs on all the radiators apart from the room with the thermostat. Part L of the building regs apply.
Adam