Boiler problem

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Highflow 400, its been installed maybe 10 years. Had quite a few problems with it over the years but all repaired faily quickly.

At the beginning of summer the boiler kept going out, and I had a gas valve replaced. It still went out a few times but over summer has remained working fine.

Last night I put on the central heating and this morning the boiler pilot was out. No high stat had tripped.

During summer the water pressure in the boiler remained constant, about 2. This morning it was nil.

So I have given this some thought and would guess that there may be a leak within the central heating system, as the pressure only dropped when the heating was put on.

I have checked all the ceilings to see if I can spot any damp patches but all look dry.

I have cheked the valves etc on all the radiotor, and all were dry.

Am I right in thinking that I will now need to check the pipe run under the downstairs floorboads which means taking the carpets up.

If this is a case where do I start? nearest the boiler or furthest away or is there any other way I can check this, or hopefully I have got this wrong and it could be something else.

thank you

Reply to
Roy

[...]

I assume we're talking combi boiler here, if so it could be the diaphragm in the pressure maintenance unit, a rad valve gland, or a leak on a rad. Check all the visually checkable items first before you start on the floorboards.

Reply to
Teddy K