boiler flue

Anyone help? what distance should there be between boiler flue and neighbours windows, also how far does the spray reach that comes out of it.

Thanks

Suzanne

Reply to
sue45

I would have thought this comes down to the type (e.g condensing?) and possibly even the individual boiler rather than a common spec. Try e-mailing the boiler manufacturer to be sure

I know when we had a new combi, condensing boiler there were vertical and horizontal specs and we had to check the plans when we considered putting the boiler flue out of the roof below a window. I can't remember the manufacturers spec but the window opening is about 80 cm above the roof and the flue would have been 50cm horizontaly away from the wall and that was OK.

There may be other issues if the gasses are being vented over/towards someone eles property.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Depends on the make and model of boiler. You need to obtain the installation instructions for your boiler, or ask the manufacturer for the information you need.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Also check building regulations. The distance required between a condensing boiler flue and a boundary was recently increased, although IIRC this is measured along the axis of the flue opening, so angling it up can be used to reduce the horizontal distance.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Reply to
sue45

If it was installed by a CORGI registered plumber then it should comply with the manufacturer's instructions and the building regulations. If it was a DIY installation (illegal) then it's anyone's guess. The flue gases should be harmless outdoors in a well ventilated area. Boiler flues are often positioned near opening windows but there are minimum distances. The building control department of your local council should be able to advise you on whether the position of your neighbour's boiler flue is safe for you or not.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

The exhaust from my combi condensing is evry visible, warm and moist. I certainly wouldn't want it being directed at my window or onto my driveway from close range which is why they have the specs. The distance along the flue axis makes sense as well as the exhaust is visibly projected out 2-3 ft on a windless day. Mine is about 2' horizontally from the boundary but the axis is parallel, it's also about 8' off the ground.

Mike

Reply to
Mike