Birds!

I think that some birds are nesting in our chimney. We are getting large amounts of soot, dust, twigs etc appearing on the hearth on a daily basis. Also, we think that our TV aerial has moved as we used to have perfect reception with our freeview box, but now it "jumps". It looks like it points in a different direction to our neighbours! Is it possible that birds have moved it? Is it likely to have birds in the chimney? What can we do to solve the situation?

Chimney Sweep, TV Aerial man in van with ladder -- Vass
Vass wrote:

details of suitable ones for all fire types
Go to your local garden shop and buy one of the lifelike models of a hawk and put it up near the chimney and the birds will not come back...

Yes it is well known for pigeons to move aerials so that you can not see a good picture, we had the same problem and we solved it by taking the spanners off them.

ROFL...
--
Martin

(Remove barrier to reply)