Bi-fold Hardwood French Doors

Hi,

I have just had a conservatory built and I am putting french doors through from the house.

I am a total Novice in DIY and I need some advice. I was wanting to put Bi-fold french doors but I dont want to have the ones that are on runners / slides. To me they look cheap and have a habit of sticking.

I am sure I have seen doors that bi-fold and hinge in the middle so they can fold back on themselves for storage when open.

I dont know if these type of doors exist or what these types of doors are called but I have been to a few hardware stores and I have tried to explain but they just look at me like I am a looney (which is probably not far from the truth).

if anyone could point me in the right direction (not the looney bin) of sites / manufactors / advice.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Reply to
clenton

They definitely exist, a relative of ours has them separating their dining room and lounge. They are hung on hinges, no runners. I haven't seen these in any of the DIY sheds or builders merchants. Google found these

assuming you are in the UK. Otherwise a local joinery firm should be able to give you an estimate. My guess is that you will need to have them made to measure as any that are available off the shelf are unlikely to be an exact fit for both the height and width of the opening. Did the firm who built your conservatory suggest a source?

Phil

----

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Hi Phil

Thanks for the reply, I am glad I am not going mad!!!

any google searches that I do come up with the same results....runners.

I have definately seen them somewhere but I cant remember where. they are like the continental window shutters.

The search goes on.....

Reply to
clenton

Hi Phil

Thanks for the reply, I am glad I am not going mad!!!

any google searches that I do come up with the same results....runners.

I have definately seen them somewhere but I cant remember where. they are like the continental window shutters.

The search goes on.....

Reply to
clenton

The continental window shutters can be found in B & Q and possibly other DIY sheds as louvre doors.

See

Phil

Reply to
Phil Anthropist