best way to remove epanding foam from old bricks ?

Help - used some expanding foam to fill some old pipeholes on my house - big mistake The foam expanded more than I thought it would and has run down both sides of the house :( I am in big trouble with the wife now !! The bricks are 140 year old and the foam has cured , I can pick it off individually but this will take ages , did try a scrubbing brush but it made no difference. I have seen that you can buy foam eater but will this be ok on bricks this old ? My other alternative is to use a metal scraper on each individual brick but this will remove the weathering from the surface

Thanks

Reply to
Jim