Ariston Dia gas combi boiler panel.... Red Warning Light comes on

I have -already- posted this query with uk.d-i-y NewsGroup, but it got no response!
Anybody familiar with the Ariston Dia combi? Ours is about 9 years old and has worked reliably. But now I notice the Red warning light (resettable button ) comes on occasionally.... I understand this glows to indicate failed electronic ignition pulse/s. After depressing this reset to douse the Red lamp, the ignition clicks and burner flames properly.... for some time, until the next failed call for igniting burner. But what do I do next to rectify this failure which happens unpredictably? Does this mean the gas pilot flame is going out intermittently? Kind advice requested. TIA Jim

I'm no expert in this field - and don't know the Ariston - but (assuming from your post this is gas, not oil...?) I deduce you have electronic ignition, and therefore no pilot light.
Suggest checking, cleaning (and possibly replacing) the ignitor.
--
Martin

[Remove barrier to reply]

and
and
unpredictably?
There may be a magic eye that can get sooted up too, worth a clean. TonyB

It runs on natural gas, and has electronic ignition. Thanx, will inspect and clean behind internal cover tomorrow and shall let you know what else I did, guys. Jim

Friday Lifted white outer case off wall-mounted apparatus. Removed 7 self-taps around front cover of sealed combustion chamber. Turns out the silicone ? seal of the Sealed combustn chamber cover is really -stuck- from heat and the passage of time, and now its front cover -won't- come off the compartment even with some applied leverage (but MTS Ariston Dia 20 MFFICE Type C servicing handbook I got hold of says "pull cover forward"). Any suggestions to soften and weaken the seal? Jim

Might be worth buying a new seal before wrecking the old one, or you might end up with an unusable boiler.
--
Andrew Gabriel