Ariston Dia gas combi boiler panel.... Red Warning Light comes on

I have -already- posted this query with uk.d-i-y NewsGroup, but it got no response!

Anybody familiar with the Ariston Dia combi? Ours is about 9 years old and has worked reliably. But now I notice the Red warning light (resettable button ) comes on occasionally.... I understand this glows to indicate failed electronic ignition pulse/s. After depressing this reset to douse the Red lamp, the ignition clicks and burner flames properly.... for some time, until the next failed call for igniting burner. But what do I do next to rectify this failure which happens unpredictably? Does this mean the gas pilot flame is going out intermittently? Kind advice requested. TIA Jim

Reply to
Jim Gregory

I'm no expert in this field - and don't know the Ariston - but (assuming from your post this is gas, not oil...?) I deduce you have electronic ignition, and therefore no pilot light.

Suggest checking, cleaning (and possibly replacing) the ignitor.

Reply to
Martin

unpredictably?

There may be a magic eye that can get sooted up too, worth a clean. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

It runs on natural gas, and has electronic ignition. Thanx, will inspect and clean behind internal cover tomorrow and shall let you know what else I did, guys. Jim

Reply to
Jim Gregory

Friday Lifted white outer case off wall-mounted apparatus. Removed 7 self-taps around front cover of sealed combustion chamber. Turns out the silicone ? seal of the Sealed combustn chamber cover is really -stuck- from heat and the passage of time, and now its front cover -won't- come off the compartment even with some applied leverage (but MTS Ariston Dia 20 MFFICE Type C servicing handbook I got hold of says "pull cover forward"). Any suggestions to soften and weaken the seal? Jim

Reply to
Jim Gregory

Might be worth buying a new seal before wrecking the old one, or you might end up with an unusable boiler.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel