Air Vent for Domestic Rasiatoprs

Anyone familiar with "Toolstation" catalogue 52 Page332 I bought a "Air Vent Auto" 17968 and try to fox it but its male end threaded is marked 1/8" BSP. The radiators standard hole is larger may be 1/2" (Half inch) one. Is there any adapter which can match the radiator end and take the Air Vent Auto in. I am unable to handle the normat air vent pin as a result of very very poor eyesight and trembling hands. Any help appreciated.

You need a 1/2" BSP taper male to 1/8" BSP female reducing bush.
You might find a taper version hard to find. A parallel version could be used if the thread is very well sealed against leaks.
Alternatively, find an air vent with a 1/2" BSP thread, such as BES part 17845 http://www.bes.co.uk/products/115a.asp
Actually, here are the reducing bushes too... Part 0784 taper Part 6623 parallel http://www.bes.co.uk/products/158a.asp (I would buy both, in case one doesn't work for some reason.)
You'll need PTFE tape or some other thread seal too, for both threads.
--
Andrew Gabriel
Andrew
writes: