adhesive for patio paving stones

Hi, I have a small patio with paving stones that overlap the lawn side of the edge by a few inches.
one of them on the edge has come unstuck and needs sticking down again. is there anything on the market other than buying a small bag of some 'ready to go type cement' mix from B&Q or somewhere? i was thinking more in terms of some kind of adhesive, if that's a possibility. thanks for any advice.
"JWH" wrote:

Most adhesives don't perform well outdoors due to the effects of damp. There are waterproof adhesives but they probably cost more than a small bag of ready-mixed mortar. Google for waterproof adhesive. You could use No More Nails but it dries white and isn't recommended for damp conditions. Personally I would use mortar with a dollop of PVA adhesive mixed in to improve adhesion.
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:20:50 GMT, "JWH"

pack mortar under the stones or cut off the overhang otherwise my grannie might hurt herself
hth arrhd