Adding Basin & Bath Waste Pipe To Soil Pipe

Hi Everyone,
I want to add the Basin and Bath waste pipes to the soil pipe.
I know I can get an adaptor http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?idI547&ts 401 to do this, but can anyone tell me what size hole I need to cut in the soil pipe for the adaptor.
In our previous property the Bath & Basin waste pipes went above the pipe from the toilet, but looking at all the houses where I live, they all have them below.
Does anyone know if it makes any difference please.
Thank you.
--
the_constructor

the_constructor wrote:

Get the waste pipe adaptor and then measure it and use a suitable sized holesaw.
I am assuming the Soil Pipe is PVC.
It does make a difference where you connect the waste pipe. They mustn't go too close to the soil branch. (I think the measurement is they must enter at least 8" below the branch). This is to stop solids entering the waste pipe. There are ways round this but that would mean dissasembling the stack.
Taking them direct into the soil stack is best if you can. Make sure the falls are correct. Too much fall and the flow of water will cause a vacuum and draw the contents of the trap. To liitle fall and the solids will settle out in the pipe. (2.5 degrees fall is about right).

My thanks for all the replies
--
the_constructor

the_constructor wrote:

I have recently had a new soil pipe and the bath.sink waste is attached below the toilet pipe. I had a full inspection done as part of the extension I had built and there were no probs with this arrangement.
Mike