Old shingles - Approximate Volume?

Didn't want to start a range war on the "Papering a Dormer" post. See what happens on this Q.
Need to get a drop off container to put 26 square of single layer shingles removed from roof. Anyone have an estmate based on experience of a container size? Can figure weight but that does me no good.
Probably get it a bit bigger and get rid of some garage stuff.

call the dumpster company, they should have an idea. The company I use always send a 40 and will bill you for how many yards are in it. Almost always gets full though.
"Al Bundy" wrote

A 9 yard dumpster will be suffice for the old shingles, wrappers, & scraps for 26 square single layer. When we used to use dumpsters, we figured 30 square for 9 yards. Be aware, if you have old wood, you may want to save to put in last, so you don't create voids if the wood isn't laying flat in the dumpster, creating problems with getting the shingles in the dumpster.
Of course you'll want a bigger one for getting rid of some "garage stuff" also. Take note b/4 you decide to get rid of the garage stuff. In this area, the dumpster haulers get rid of construction debris cheaper than a hodge podge of debris. If your area is the same way, you may find an additional expense for dump fees because of what you put in the dumpster. Garbage is usually a no-no, same goes for tires, chemical/paints, aerosol cans, batteries, etc.

Larry/Marson:
Thanks for the replies. Both are good pieces of info with two different options. Will check out the flat fee vs. by weight as well as the commingling.
Dump fees tend to be higher here due to the "green" factor. Good thing is you can can take scrap metal to the dump for free but if you have someone haul it you'll get charged for the weight.