Infrared Thermometers

I'm looking to purchase an infrared thermometer. The spec I'm not sure as to what I need is the 6:1 to 60:1 (D:S). I understand what this is just looking to what range is recommended. I own on IR camera so the IR thermometer will be use to do spot checking and stratification testing. I can see advantages to have a high D:S and a low D:S.
Andy

Look at Raytek
Check sears online. I got one in early Dec that was on closeout for $15. I've used it to check wall temps and confirmed the heat coming out of my pellet stove as well, it seems to work fairly well.
/Keith