How do I find this property?

I want to buy a tiny house or cottage or trailer on a piece of land for $ 10.000 or 1-2 acres for $ 2000 in or outside a little town. I need no basement, no garage but electicity and water and Internet access. I can move to any state or town in the western USA.
I called a few real estate guys but it seems they just want to sell me their most expensive stuff. I looked at some websites but found mainly expensive houses in larger towns.
www.realtor.com
You're talking $1,000 per acre with water and electricity available?? Good luck.
--
Steve Barker

< snipped-for-privacy@myway.com> wrote in message
In any economically depressed, out of the way, small rural town, in any region of the USA, you will have no problem finding what you seek. The problem, as you already appreciate, is connecting buyer and seller. Realtors have little interest since this is a low-yield proposition for them.
You could try eBay, but "buyer beware" and "due diligence" should be emphatically applied.
You could put an ad in the paper somewhere where you think you might want to live...
wrote:

message
snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

trash littered lot near the rail road tracks. Once in a while you hear on the news of tiny remote midwestern towns where they'll even give lots away free if you agree to live there... they want to reverse the decline in population.
A more conventional way is to drive around in the area where you're looking for a lot and read the real eastate agent's names off the "for sale" signs along the road. Or ask around in the town's bank. They know all the sellers in person.
Of course the agents want to "up-market" you... they don't make much off a $1k transaction.
What's this for? A love shack?

You'll need to do some legwork, but realtor.com should have all the listings. Unfortunately, you need to specify the city or town you're interested in.
The 'real estate guys' you called probably only have local listings available to them.
On 24 Jan 2007 15:32:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

Try Mentone, Texas. County seat of Loving county, population 52. The county not the town. They are down from 120 in 1990. Move there and you'd make the newspaper. If they had one.
On election day, an old cowboy is outside the polling place crying his eyes out. Someone asked him what was wrong. He answered, "My dear of departed Pa came to town to vote and didn't even look me up."
--Andy Asberry-- ------Texas-----
snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

land is http://www.unitedcountry.com /. There are several sites like this out there. The hard part will be finding one with a low limit below 25k but you may find some.
Mark

Thanks for the link, Mark.
Also thanks to the others for their postings.