Getting water up a hill

I need to take water from a community water supply that is about 100

odie wrote:

Jack and Jill come to mind... :)
Sorry, just couldn't help myself...

Actually, I always wondered why they went _up_ the hill to get to the well. Wouldn't it be easier to dig a well at the bottom of the hill?

Maybe the lake was ontop of the hill?
Finding the keyboard operational Mike entered:

Nah, Jack was just trying to get Jill alone for a little hank-panky. They gor a llittle to agitated and thats why they tumbled down the hill. ;) Bob
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times

Nah, Jack was just trying to get Jill alone for a little hank-panky.

Jack and Jill went up the hill They each had a dollar and a quarter Jill came down with two fifty I don't think they went up for water
odie wrote:

You can either spring for an integrated system like this: http://www.goulds.com/product.asp?ID "3&MASTERID=1
or you could fork over a few bucks to me and I could design you a better one that actually takes into account your specific situation and needs. You may have difficulty finding a small centrifugal pump that will fulfill your needs if you use a restrictive filter (too much head).
Also, you may want to ensure that your water utility won't mind you sucking out of their system. Sometimes the drop in pressure can cause problems for them. They may require a low pressure cutoff on your booster pump.
I have no problem paying for good advice. Would be happy to talk to you about this if you are "good advice" qualified. If you want, email your phone number to me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com and let me know a good time to call. Thanks, Terry Robert the Bearded wrote:

This is a common problem with high-rise buildings. Following is a search of google.com for the words...
"high-rise" water pump system
http://www.google.com/search?num &hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=%22high-rise%22+water+pump+system&btnG=Search