Getting water up a hill

I need to take water from a community water supply that is about 100

> psi at the bottom of a hill and pump it about 700ft up a hill with > > vertical rise of 160ft. All the suppliers of this type thing in my area > > are so busy this time of year that I can't even get a call back. This > > being the situation I have decided to do it myself. Can anyone suggest > > an online supplier that could intelligently guide me through the > > purchase of a pressure tank, pump, filter, etc. The water is for a 3bdr > > 2bath home with very little irrigation required. Appreciate any help. > > Odie
Reply to
odie

Jack and Jill come to mind... :)

Sorry, just couldn't help myself...

Reply to
dpb

Actually, I always wondered why they went _up_ the hill to get to the well. Wouldn't it be easier to dig a well at the bottom of the hill?

Reply to
Click Fraud

Maybe the lake was ontop of the hill?

Reply to
Mike

You can either spring for an integrated system like this:

or you could fork over a few bucks to me and I could design you a better one that actually takes into account your specific situation and needs. You may have difficulty finding a small centrifugal pump that will fulfill your needs if you use a restrictive filter (too much head).

Also, you may want to ensure that your water utility won't mind you sucking out of their system. Sometimes the drop in pressure can cause problems for them. They may require a low pressure cutoff on your booster pump.

Reply to
Robert the Bearded

This is a common problem with high-rise buildings. Following is a search of google.com for the words...

"high-rise" water pump system

Bill

Finding the keyboard operational Mike entered:

Nah, Jack was just trying to get Jill alone for a little hank-panky. They gor a llittle to agitated and thats why they tumbled down the hill. ;) Bob

--

-- Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times

The Other Funk

Reply to
odie

Nah, Jack was just trying to get Jill alone for a little hank-panky.

Jack and Jill went up the hill They each had a dollar and a quarter Jill came down with two fifty I don't think they went up for water

Reply to
JerryD(upstateNY)