Electircal Outlet Box Question

Prior to my remodel, I ordered some, actually more than "some", quad metal boxes along with the usual assortment of duplex boxes, mostly metal. I now find myself with a bunch of the quads and very few duplexes.
So, I have this question...
I know I could order or purchase more duplex boxes but is there any reason I could not use the quad metal boxes in place of the duplex outlets and use some of the duplex mud-rings I have to make the quad box a duplex? I see no reason not, but I thought I would ask first.
Oh, the walls are all open so there is not problem with the actual installation, it's the usage I'm asking about.
Does this question make sense?
I don't know if you should or not. It will make you wish you had used the bigger boxs throughout. <G>

Yeah...
With all that space in there, I could install a..., I was going to say "swimming pool" but thought better of it. ;)
I was concerned about "code" so it sounds like I'm okay.
Glenn wrote:

I switch *every* light circuit (incandescent) with dimmers (slide type) and that extra space would be nice to poke all the wire and body into.

GreenGA wrote:

No problem. Knock yourself out.