Didhwasher Electrical Hookup?

I know the green wire goes to ground on the dishwasher. The other two wires are both copper in color. And the housing is gray. The difference is that one wire has groves on the coating and the other does not. Which one goes to the Black wire on the dishwasher and which one goes to the White wire on the dishwasher?
Thanks

The groovie one goes to black... the non groovey one goes to white...thats for a 110vac hook up with green for ground

Phil Scott wrote:

I vote the opposite.
Check it for yourself: at the plug end, determine which prong is on the same side as the grooved conductor, and see if that prong is wider, or hold it up to an outlet and see if it's on the side of the wider slot. The wider slot is neutral and corresponds to the white wire within the appliance.
As it's been explained to me, the neutral conductor is "designated" (that's the code term) by ridges (grooves) or a colour stripe. I have just checked a power bar that's nearby (the only flat cable at hand) and it's true for it. It's also consistent with the one web reference that I can find via Google, at http://www.onthehouse.com/tips/20010410 (it says to put the ridged conductor to a lamp's silver screw, which is the neutral).
I find myself explaining this on occasion, so if I'm wrong, somebody stop me.
If you find yourself in doubt, throw the cord out and get one with colour-insulated conductors.
Chip C Toronto
The check that Chip suggests is simple to do.
I do it all the time, just to be sure.
One Euro stuff the solid neutral wire appears often to be the light blue one & the ground is yellow w/ a green stripe.
cheers Bob
Don't forget the romex clamp

than to open it again and prove your still a fool... ridged (identified), gray or white wires are to be considered neutral

Look at a lamp cord or such in your home til you find one with the "ridges". You'll find that the Identified conductor goes to the neutral (WHITE) wire which is also the WIDE one of the two conductors on a standard "plug" ("wide is white")