Did I miss something?

Owning a number of Porter Cable power tools I'm a bit concerned. Yesterday I had cause to to buy a new 19.2 volt battery for my PC drill. I was shocked to discover that neither Home Depot, Lowes, TSC, McCoys, Ace Hardware nor Sutherlands carry Porter Cable any longer. What's up with that?

Reply to
J.C.

Evidently something is wrong with their products or the company.

Reply to
Matt Barrow

This was recently in the news:

Black and Decker (BDK) Black & Decker operates in three segments: power tools and accessories, hardware and home improvement, and fastening and assembly systems. Power tools and accessories are marketed under brand names including DeWalt, Black & Decker, Porter Cable, and Delta. Hardware brands include Kwikset, Baldwin, Weiser, and Price Pfister. The fastening and assembly systems segment sells highly engineered solutions to automakers. We applaud the firm's decision to move its manufacturing from higher-cost plants in the US to lower-cost facilities in Mexico, China, and the Czech Republic and would gladly invest in the #1 tool maker on any weakness.

Maybe they're switching over to the new factories?

RicodJour

My observation of HD and Lowes has been they never carried much P-C in the stores and (as is their typical policy on virtually everything) the lowest-common-denominator highest volume products in what they did stock (PC333/334 ROS is about the only thing I really recall). I never think of Ace Hardware as a tool supplier for other than throw-away stuff. The P-C site has a retail outlet locator and a plethora of online merchant links.

I don't think it's anything other than P-C isn't the cheapest homeowners' choice for most items so it isn't the stocked brand in the locations you've mentioned. (Last I knew HD had a sweetheart deal w/ Ryobi, for example, so most of what is in the stores favors them. I don't know who Lowes is tied into, if anybody.)

Reply to
dpb

they must have sold out! Go to

NOTE:use windows explorer

Reply to
Raven

Well, I went the Amazon route and two new batteries are one their way here.

Thanks for the info you guys.

Reply to
J.C.