Construction Industry Profit Margins

Trying to do some financial projections for a Landscape Design/Build firm. I need to find out what standard (pro forma, not actual) profit margins for construction contractors look like. Anyone know if there is a rule of thumb?
Yeah, all we can get, [g]

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com explained :

The rule of thumb is to contact the nearest college that has a landscape design program. Then, find out what publications represent the industry and who does the market research. But, you probably were just hoping someone would e-mail them to you, huh?
--

Yours,
Dan S.

The rule of thumb is that you will earn half of what you need and twice what you deserve, or twice of what you need and half of what you deserve, depending on your skill and competence.

that's only true in politics

Kickstart used his keyboard to write :

I thought it was that you couldn't us a stick larger than your thumb to beat your wife.
--

Yours,
Dan S.

I always use eleven.