Construction Industry Profit Margins

Trying to do some financial projections for a Landscape Design/Build firm. I need to find out what standard (pro forma, not actual) profit margins for construction contractors look like. Anyone know if there is a rule of thumb?

Reply to
leonardthethird

Yeah, all we can get, [g]

Reply to
Glenn

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com explained :

The rule of thumb is to contact the nearest college that has a landscape design program. Then, find out what publications represent the industry and who does the market research. But, you probably were just hoping someone would e-mail them to you, huh?

Reply to
Dan S.

The rule of thumb is that you will earn half of what you need and twice what you deserve, or twice of what you need and half of what you deserve, depending on your skill and competence.

Reply to
TVeblen

e=mc2

Reply to
Kickstart

that's only true in politics

Reply to
longshot

Kickstart used his keyboard to write :

I thought it was that you couldn't us a stick larger than your thumb to beat your wife.

Reply to
Dan S.

I always use eleven.

Reply to