What do you use your steamer on?

Has anyone tried it on carpets?
I use it to cook fish. Maybe that's a different sort of steamer!

I had good luck removing candle wax and other blobs of gooey stuff from a bedroom carpet with a wallpaper steamer that had the plate removed. I also found a blast of steam and a stiff brush brought the pile up a treat. It wasn't so good in the kitchen.
Cleaning the toliet....cleaning the siding (killing mildew), moping the kitchen floor, sanitizing the microwave and stove....removing wall paper..any sticky residue gunk etc.....spot cleaning the carpet...cleaning the waste cans....
Mango