Tile Floor

Hello everyone! Just moved into a new home with lots of tile floors. I am not sure if they are porcelain or ceramic. The kitchen countertops are all granite. Can anyone tell me the best way to clean the floors and countertops? Any products I should use or avoid? Will appreciate any tips!!
Thanks
R.G.

Ceramic or porcelain tile is easy to maintain because it isn't porous. The grout is the issue. Prevention is the key. Make sure it is well sealed. Get a good sealer from a tile shop. I use a steam mop on my tile and it works great without any chemicals.

Thanks for the reply! Now excuse my ignorance...what kind of sealer? How are they applied? Can they be purchased at convenience or hardware stores?
R.G.

Sealers come in water based and oil based formulas. Depending on the type you have to reapply at stated intervals - generally from every 6 months to five years. As with any other product you get what you pay for. You can buy grout sealer any place that sells tile including Home Depot and Lowe's. You might try to find a dedicated tile shop because they will probably have higher quality products and will be able to advise you on product use and selection. Generally, sealers are wiped on with a cloth or a brush. After letting them soak in you wipe off the excess. For areas that get a lot of abuse or are frequently wet you might want to apply two or three applications the first time and then just a single application periodically. Grout sealer will not only help prevent the grout from staining, but it inhibits water absorption. While you are at the tile shop you might ask them for information on caring for your granite counter.

Thank you for the great information and for taking the time to share the knowledge!
R.G.
Labor Saver Tile Floor Cleaner Powerful, deep cleaning formula! This easy to use, powerful cleaner saves time and effort by actually softening the dirt and grime before easily lifting it from the surface. Works ideally for cleaning small spots or for an entire floor. Safely removes dirt, grime, grease...even heel marks. Leaves no streaks or residue. Specially formulated to use on any tile surface: floors, counters, showers, patios, porches and more. Use on ceramic, quarry tile, marble, terrazzo, glazed terra cotta, mosaic. 18 oz.
Getting Started with Stanley With Stanley Home Products your financial investment is minimal -- as low as $10 for a starter kit. There are no hidden costs or inventory to purchase. All you need is the desire to get going! www.myshp.com/sbray
Sandy

DAMN SPAMMER

Maybe if you chug a few bottles of that stuff it will help your reading comprehension. Why would I want to buy your crap when I already stated that I can use plain water in my steam mop and clean my floors?
No Acid or ammonia on the countertops.
Four things to clean any floor: your HANDS and KNEES