STALL SHOWER GLASS CLEANING QUESTION

I've recently purchased a 2-year old home outside Houston, Texas. I'm have great difficultly trying to clean the stall shower glass (both inside and out). I can't get the glass clean. The stains may be lime, hard-water spots, a combination of the two or perhaps something entirely different. I've tried a bunch of commercial cleaners including "soap scum," "chrome and glass" cleaners and something called "kaboom" that was recommended to me. I've even tried pure alcohol out of sheer frustration. Nothing works. Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated at the point - Thanks. ------- Brian
TRY USING WHAT THEY CALL THE WORKS. I BUY MINE AT THE DOLLAR STORE. I ALSO USE AWESOME WHICH IS EXCELLENT & ONLY COSTS A DOLLAR. HOPE THIS HELPS, BRIAN WYLLLADENE
Hard water, limescale and soap are all alkaline. You need to neutralize and remove them with an acid-based cleaner. So try a rub with either lemon juice or vinegar. The problem is that your surface is vertical, so you can't just soak the area with vinegar and leave it to work. This means that you may need to apply the stuf several times to loosen the alkaline build-up.
If you want to buy a product then Cillit Bang lime remover should work.
Once you get the screen clean, it would be a good idea to use a squeegee after every shower. Then you won't have any water drops to make the ugly marks when they evaporate. (Or use a shower cleaning product daily - but why spend money if you don't have to?)

Try using white vinegar - if it is calcium deposits that may help. You can buy expensive stuff that says it will take it off but it didn't do anything for mine. The vinegar did as well. Takes several treatments.

CLR works well on glass. Can the stains be removed using a razor blade?