serious ring around the collar

Anyone have a good idea on how to get out serious ring around the collar? Nothing I have tried has been completely successful.
Thank you
Dave
I have become a loyal "Whisk" laundry detergent person. Pour some directly onto the collar and then wash as usual. I have had things that I was ready to throw out they looked so bad. I washed them with Whisk, and they are keepers once again.