primer on linoleum

hubby was doing some plumbing work, and the jar of pipe primer stuff, dripped on the linoleum in the kitchen. Stuff dries instantly! it's a very nice shade of purple..however, doesnt match my linoleum at all!! I tried putting bleach on it, didnt even touch it!! any ideas??

Pam

Reply to
PRHD

PVC primer works by melting into the plastic pipe. I have gotten that stuff on things and I have concluded that there is absolutely no way of removing the color. As I understand it, the purple primer is used so building inspectors can see that you used the primer before welding the joints. You can get clear primer. In the future, you might ask your husband to buy the clear stuff.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I was afraid that was going to be the answer...but thought I'd try anyway! I was hopeful when I was able to get it out of his shirt!! but then, it isnt made of the same stuff....oh well...guess we'll be patching!! at least it's by the door and not in the middle of the room!!

pam

Reply to
PRHD

If you are going to patch, you might experiment before hand. I would look at organic solvents like acetone (fingernail polish remover). Put some on a cotton swab and try treating the discolored area. If that doesn't work, you might try getting some of the clear primer and using that as a solvent with the theory that like dissolves like and may pick up some of the color. I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope, but these are inexpensive and easy ways to attempt to solve the problem. If they don't work, you can still patch the floor.

Reply to
Vox Humana

ooh! good idea!! thanks!!

pam