pleated shades

Hi all, I have alot of pleated shades in my home. They're a coupe years old. I am afraid to clean them. There are some spots/stains on them. Any ideas?

Reply to
scullycat

Hi scullycat. I don't know. I threw mine out and bought new ones. Those pleats are evil.

peggo

Reply to
peggo

There are cleaning services that specialize in blinds. In our area some will bring a truck with the equipment to your home and clean them. As I recall, they submerse them in an ultrasonic cleaner. I understand it is quite through, but I have no idea of the cost.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I have 8 pleated shades throughout my home....been hanging there 8 yrs. Only thing is take a vaccuum cleaner to them. If spots get on them I only wipe them up with a cloth & water. Resistant stains might require a bit of detergent. Do not wash the entire shade or the pleats will all come out.

Reply to
Muvin Gruvin