plastic scrubbers

This seems like a stupid question, but it's important to me.

For the last couple years, I have been casually looking for the plastic scrubbers that I have used for decades when washing dishes.

I never found any, but I thought that was because I wasn't looking hard enough. But the last one I have is falling apart, and I've been looking harder now and still can't find any. All they sell are sponges with a little bit of scrubber on one side, or on the outside. Those get dirty and also wear out much faster.

I'm talking about a big coil of curled heavy plastic thread (the "thread" is maybe an eight or a sixteenth of an inch wide and a millimeter thick) coiled and the wrapped into a ball.

The last one I have is red. I use them for dishes and for cleaning lots of other things too.

Do they still sell these and do you know where I can get them?

I also keep brass, copper, and stainless steel wire balls for scrubbing. I can still get copper, and I can get stainless steel but in a much smaller ball than they used to be, smaller than works well, and I think only in the dollar stores, not the supermarkets or Target, but I haven't been able to find brass at all for years. Is there a place to get brass scrubbers, or bigger stainless steel scubbers.?

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reply to
mm

There are plastic nylon scrubbers in the stores, just shop around. I've found them at BigLots. I've seen them with or without handles. I know there are "Chore Boy" and "Chore Girl" scrubbers, these have been around for ages and are of good quality. You might try a janitorial supply, if not local then Internet.

Reply to
Phisherman

I see them in dollar stores and grocery stores. I think you can also make your own out of the bags that onions come in.

Reply to
Karen Newton

BigLots has any kind of scrubber pad you could dream up.

Reply to
Bonnie B. Dyson

A challenge eh!

One with sandra bullock attached?

How about one with a built in sand blaster for when my wife does rice?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Get her a rice cooker. Not the cheap kind, but one that has a locking lid (about $50+). Makes perfect rice (brown, white, etc) and cleans up easily.

Reply to
Phisherman

boom boom ......

Mike

Reply to
Mike

They use a material something like that to wrap the foam rubber on some sqeegees. Helps to scrape of the thicker dirt. I noticed that today when I was doing my windows outside, before winter.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

I finally found some in an off-brand supermarket here (Food Lion, the place with the old meat**.) They had Quickee brand, which I don't see most places. (Either that or I've seen the brand but not the scourers, because I have had my eye out for them for at least 3 years. That doesn't mean I looked in the right departement once for every store. This month I started doing that.) They had 3 packages of two each, and I bought all 3. This should be enough for 15 years. I"m not sure what I'll do then.

**Seriously, I would be careful there. There were no Food Lions around here when 60 Minutes did their expose, but three or moree opened up 2 to 4 years later, and I figured their meet would have to be good because they knew people were watching. Alas, the first two times I bought something a carnivore would eat, once it was chicken and smelled bad the next day. Once it was meat and had some smell the day I got it home. I was hungry so I ate it anyhow, and it didn't make me sick, but then again, most rotting food doesn't.

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reply to
mm

Now THERE'S a resume builder...

Ah, yes -- avoiding "Spam" would help.

;)

Reply to
TaLL uLaH

replying to mm, Kathleen Pelley wrote: "That sounds like what I am looking for.

Reply to
Kathleen Pelley

replying to Phisherman, Kathleen Pelley wrote: So far, all I have found is stuff that is way too lightweight and connected to sponges.

Reply to
Kathleen Pelley

replying to Bonnie B. Dyson, Kathleen Pelley wrote: Where is BigLots?

Reply to
Kathleen Pelley