plastic scrubbers

This seems like a stupid question, but it's important to me.
For the last couple years, I have been casually looking for the plastic scrubbers that I have used for decades when washing dishes.
I never found any, but I thought that was because I wasn't looking hard enough. But the last one I have is falling apart, and I've been looking harder now and still can't find any. All they sell are sponges with a little bit of scrubber on one side, or on the outside. Those get dirty and also wear out much faster.
I'm talking about a big coil of curled heavy plastic thread (the "thread" is maybe an eight or a sixteenth of an inch wide and a millimeter thick) coiled and the wrapped into a ball.
The last one I have is red. I use them for dishes and for cleaning lots of other things too.
Do they still sell these and do you know where I can get them?
I also keep brass, copper, and stainless steel wire balls for scrubbing. I can still get copper, and I can get stainless steel but in a much smaller ball than they used to be, smaller than works well, and I think only in the dollar stores, not the supermarkets or Target, but I haven't been able to find brass at all for years. Is there a place to get brass scrubbers, or bigger stainless steel scubbers.?
If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

There are plastic nylon scrubbers in the stores, just shop around. I've found them at BigLots. I've seen them with or without handles. I know there are "Chore Boy" and "Chore Girl" scrubbers, these have been around for ages and are of good quality. You might try a janitorial supply, if not local then Internet.
BigLots has any kind of scrubber pad you could dream up.
Bon

Bonnie B. Dyson wrote:

A challenge eh!
One with sandra bullock attached?
How about one with a built in sand blaster for when my wife does rice?
Mike
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 20:44:45 GMT, Mike

Get her a rice cooker. Not the cheap kind, but one that has a locking lid (about $50+). Makes perfect rice (brown, white, etc) and cleans up easily.
Phisherman wrote:

boom boom ......
Mike
I see them in dollar stores and grocery stores. I think you can also make your own out of the bags that onions come in.
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:19:22 -0500, "Karen Newton"

They use a material something like that to wrap the foam rubber on some sqeegees. Helps to scrape of the thicker dirt. I noticed that today when I was doing my windows outside, before winter.
Thanks for everyone's advice.
I finally found some in an off-brand supermarket here (Food Lion, the place with the old meat**.) They had Quickee brand, which I don't see most places. (Either that or I've seen the brand but not the scourers, because I have had my eye out for them for at least 3 years. That doesn't mean I looked in the right departement once for every store. This month I started doing that.) They had 3 packages of two each, and I bought all 3. This should be enough for 15 years. I"m not sure what I'll do then.
**Seriously, I would be careful there. There were no Food Lions around here when 60 Minutes did their expose, but three or moree opened up 2 to 4 years later, and I figured their meet would have to be good because they knew people were watching. Alas, the first two times I bought something a carnivore would eat, once it was chicken and smelled bad the next day. Once it was meat and had some smell the day I got it home. I was hungry so I ate it anyhow, and it didn't make me sick, but then again, most rotting food doesn't.

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Now THERE'S a resume builder...

Ah, yes -- avoiding "Spam" would help.
;)