Not a Blopen stain, but...

My dining table has a formica wood-look top. A few months ago a spray bottle of kitchen type bleach solution (Clorox Kitchen or Tackle, I think) got tipped over on the table in the rush of everyone leaving for school/work. When I finally happened upon the bottle, some of the bleach solution had leaked out of the bottle and onto the table top. The ~color~ of the formica hasn't changed, but the ~finish~ is much less glossy where the bleach was. I tried polish and paste wax, but the place is still very noticeable, especially in certain light.
Help?
Marilee

Use a random-orbit auto buffer fitted with a terry-cloth bonnet and use one or two finer grit grades of rubbing compound. Follow up with a paste wax and buffing.