New to Group

I am having many challenges in keeping the house clean. In fact so many that I really need to just get it done.

James

Reply to
Cleaning House

Welcome to the group James!

FIRST, you need to change your way of thinking. There is NO SUCH THING as getting "DONE" with housework!

Secondly, just come up with some simple daily routines that only take a couple of minutes per day which divide up the cleaning chores into quick easy tasks.

As an example, my routines start at the ceiling and work their way down to floor level. Day One, I may go through the whole house holding a round head broom removing cobwebs and dusting the fan blades, about 10 minutes. Day Two, dust blinds and window ledges and high upper surfaces. Day Three, dust shelves. Day Four, turn Roomba loose in main section of house. Also on Day Four, do a deep clean in the kitchen. Day Five, deep clean the bathroom. Deep cleans can also be broken down into simple tasks as well.

If you have kids, forget cleaning, just open the windows. Eventually, more dirt will blow out than in!

TTUL Gary

"Clean>I am having many challenges in keeping the house clean. In fact so many that

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Gary, I'm not new, but that was a great tip re dusting over several days, instead of at once. Thanks, lucy

Reply to
lucy

Your welcome!

Cleaning is a bad enough endless chore as it is. Breaking it into tiny bite size chunks, doing only a few minutes each day, takes the drudgery out of it. Also, only doing one thing at a time, means your not lugging everything out each time, just one or two simple tools at a time.

I also learned a new trick myself only a couple of weeks ago. For years I have been spraying a single square of toilet tissue with an air freshener then sucking it into the vacuum before sweeping. This new trick only works if you have a vacuum with an accessable exhaust port. Dampen a rag and wring it out, apply an air freshener to it if you want to. Install the rag over the exhaust port of the vacuum, holding it in place with the exhaust cover or rubber bands. You would not believe how much microscopic dust this damp rag catches, even with vacuums with HEPA filters (which only filter down to 5 microns by the way). I've been doing this now for the past couple of weeks and every time the dampened rag becomes a dark tan, even with a brand new HEPA filter installed in the vacuum.

TTUL Gary

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

He calls it trolling for dust.

Too restrictive and the rag dries very quickly. Here's the proper way.

Caulk the end of a crevice tool with Silly Putty. Drill 75 1/16" holes in the sides. Put it on an old vacuum-cleaner hose. Plug the hose into the exhaust port.

There should already be wheels on your aquarium so you can take your fish on walks. If there aren't, put some on. Attach your aquarium to your vacuum cleaner with a four-foot chain. When you vacuum, drop the crevice tool into the water. It will aerate the water with tiny dusty bubbles. The air will invigorate your fish and the dust will provide nutrients. You may want to add some Windex 90940 to the water to keep the glass clean for the fish to see out. If you intend to vacuum anything stinky, add some air freshener to their water. They'll thank you for it.

Reply to
Barbecue Bob

Lol...one of the funniest things I've read on Usenet in a while...thanx!

Reply to
Gregory Morrow