marks on ironstone dishes

I noticed that some of my ironstone dishes are getting shiny silver-colored marks on them. I think it's from them rubbing against other dishes or silverware in the dishwasher, but I'm not sure. Is there any way to remove the marks? I tried gently scrubbing them with Bon Ami powdered cleanser, but that made very little difference. Any advice/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. Sis

I had the same problem and was able to remove the marks by scrubbing with Barkeeper's Friend and a sponge. Barkeeper's friend is a cleanser sold alongside Bon Ami, etc. It won't scratch and is very good for cleaning stainless steel cookware.
These are caused by the silverware/flatware we eat with. I get them on my ironstone dishes too. The advice of using Bon Ami is good, Bar Keepers Friend also works well. I wrote to Pfaltzgraff about it on my dishes and they sent me an order form for their expensive ironstone cleaner, sort of a soft scrub like cleaner. It works no better than the much more reasonably priced cleansers. I don't use regular cleansers with bleach in them though. I love Bar Keepers Friend. It has a gold container. For the price we pay for these ironstone dishes this should not be a problem.
Hope this helps. Jan

friend product asap. The BonAmi definitely did not work, so I hope this does. Sis