Lamp Shades?

How's the best way to clean lamp shades? A little cat hair, dust, and cooking fumes from the kitchen on stiff fabric.
Best way is to use a dry vapor steam machine to blow off the dust. Then gently use the triangle brush with towel.

A little cat hair, dust, and cooking fumes from the kitchen on stiff fabric.<<
I've always used a hair dryer to blow off dust....
What kind of fabric and is it textured?
Brenda
"Life is what happens while we're making other plans" - John Lennon
I've got a little "dusting brush" which I guess is a glorified paintbrush. I take lampshades outside, and the brush them clean. Gets most if not all the dust and cat hair off. I do that once every 6 weeks at my clients' homes (more often if they obviously need cleaning), and they look great. I got the dusting brush from thecleanteam.com. Love their tools. But before that I just used a small paint brush, and it worked pretty well. The dusting brush is a little sturdier though.
- Michael http://www.4naturalcleaning.com http://NJ.4naturalcleaning.com