Hoover Quadraflex Powermatic manual info

Hello,

I have an old Hoover Spirit canister vacuum cleaner.

The beater bar power attachment called the Quadraflex Powermatic caught some carpet and popped a belt or something. Popped a belt is my best guess since the motor is going but the rotating brush is not.

I do not know how to remove the top case to have a look.

Are there any sources for a manual for this device?

Reply to
loninappleton

Did you ever find out how to remove top case? I am having the same issue, h owever, I cant find manual on-line. I do see 2 large philip head screws und erneath the attachment in front of the 2 wheels. Have you removed those? I' m afraid to in case those are screws that hold the motor in.

Reply to
canadiangirlpatti

I took mine apart. Those screws will allow you to open the top. As you open it, there is the rubber piece that goes around the head. This comes out by pulling down the rubber gasket which has a notch that goes into the upper lip, the front has rubber points that you also pull out. This will expose the whole section that you will be able to relplace the belt that drives the sweeper. Mine is about 25 years old and I hate to part with it, but my wife and I may just have to part with it. It attaches to the dimension 1000 canaster. I may just use the body if I can't fix it. Go to Hoover.com they should have the directions and manual that should tell you exactly how to open it up. Good Luck Bruser

Reply to
Bruser