cleaning needles

Page 2 of 2

jes wrote:

Where did you get your little emery bag? Dawn's going to feel even worse about her bad advice!
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:15:32 -0400, Choreboy

Dawn wrote:

How can you laugh about my misfortune?

one locally.
The pin cushion was made into the shape of a tomato. Attached to it, by a cord, was a strawberry. This is filled with emery. You just plunge your needle through several times.
I do this if the needles start hanging up when going through fabric. I lived in a desert/hot area and my fingers would get sweaty.
Joan
On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 17:27:12 -0400, Choreboy
:My sewing needles bind in fabric because they have rust spots. I am :told I can remove the rust. How?
I can't believe they don't make stainless steel sewing needles. I have some rusty needles, too, You could sand them with fine wet-dry sandpaper. I like the advice about the chalk and storing in a warmer place.