cleaning humidifier fan blades & grill

I have been stymied. Want to clean both the fan blades and the grill through which the moistened air is released. Both/each are too far 'buried' for me to really get in there. So, each year, I am convinced, I am shooting dirt into the room.
Any suggestions?
--

Rex\'s Mom

Could you run some vinegar through the humidifier? It may loosen the dirt enough to then go up on it with a vaccum cleaner attachment.--r3