Bleach - know what you are buying...6% or 3%

I would say that I am a cheap person. I don't want to pay any more then I have to for what I buy. I was in a store the other day and I grabbed a bottle of the cheapest bleach they had. On the way to the checkout, I happened to notice in very fine print that the bleach was a 3% solution of sodium hyperchlorate. I knew that the norm was 6%. So, even though this was cheaper by maybe 40 cents for the bottle, I could buy a normal bottle of bleach, mix it 50/50 with water and it would be waaay cheaper then the cheap store brand.

So, if it is say $1.50 for Clorox (6%) and $1.10 for the Value Brand Bleach (3%), you are paying a lot more for the 3% of active ingredients then the 6%.

I thought that maybe many people were not aware of this and wanted to let everyone know.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Clon

This is another cleaver marketing tactics. Play with the price and amount of product to raise company profits. My household bleach bill is about $5 a year. Household bleach deteriorates over time and should be stored in a cool dark place. Bleach is a wonderful cleaner but should be used and stored with great care.

Reply to
Phisherman