Bathtub cleaning

A few years back we had a new bathtub installed.It has made into the tub a gritty feel at a certain spot to help keep you from sliding, instead of using a mat. I forgot to mention it is white and over the years the gritty spots have become dark colored no matter how hard I try to clean them or what I clean them with. I have tried using straight bleach to get it back to normal and nothng seems to help. Any suggestions? Thank you
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 08:50:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Andrew Thrasher) wrote:

What have you tried to clean it with other than bleach? Is the tub damaged rather than coated with something? Can you scrape it off using your fingernail?
No it can not be scraped off with my nails and I have tried Pine Sol and Lysol and Fantastick and 409 you name it I have probaby tried it still no luck and no the tub is not damaged. Than you for responding
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 02:26:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Andrew Thrasher) wrote:

It is possible the substance is dried soap, hard water, or typical tub deposits. You can try a foaming tub and tile cleaner--spray it on, allow it to work for several hours, scrub with a nylon brush dampened with full-strength household ammonia, and rinse. If some of the dirt is still present but you see an improvement, repeat the procedure. Hope this helps.