Anybody have a BLACK SMOOTH TOP STOVE???? QUESTIONS ABOUT IT

Were looking at a Whrillpool smooth stove. Wife has been reading that is scratches up and shows dirt real bad.. I need a ruleing on this.. Tell me about it. Dave Tennessee

Reply to
Jack Valance

It's actually rather easy to clean. Just need a cook top scrubbing pad which is just the right hardness to remove dirt but not scratch the glass. As far as scratches - there will be some after a few years of use but if you clean regularly, there won't be (much) dirt in them. Most just burns away or you wipe it away after the stove cools down. In fact, I would say the metal skid marks from aluminum pans are much more of a pain than your normal cooking grease and food runoffs.

Oh, and I have to add a disclaimer: I do actually clean it every so often, not just watch my wife do it :) So you can say it's from first hand experience :)

------------------------------------- /\_/\ ((@v@)) NIGHT ():::() OWL VV-VV

Reply to
DA

I have a GE with a black top. Shows up dirt? If you polish it regularly, that should not be a problem, I think. I don't imagine it scratches any worse than any other glass top.

Reply to
Melba's Jammin'

I'd be less concerned about dirt than in getting sugar splashes on it. I make jam and am VERY careful to not let the sugary mix splash on the stove burner when it's hot ? it will bond to the surface and removal is only accomplished with a sharp blade, used judiciously.

Reply to
Melba's Jammin'

When I had something burnt on my glass top stove I used a single edged razor. I used the entire edge like when you scrape paint off a window pane. It worked great and didn't damage the surface.

Bonnie

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

Agree. I use an Exacto knife blade. :-0)

Reply to
Melba's Jammin'