Anybody here know of any place to purchase slim T8 fixtures?

I'm designing a project that has a ceiling light cove and will have warm white (2700K) fluorescent lighting so as to wash the ceiling with light. Unfortunately, I only have about 5 inches in height and 8 inches in depth to detail this cove. So I am opting to detail T8 bulbs (1" diameter) and fixtures in the cove. Problem is, I can't seem to find a manufacturer who makes a slim 1" fixture using those T8 bulbs...
Anybody have any sources?
A & L Lighting in Medford- 631 698 8919. I don't think they have a website, but they do manufacture many different types if fluorescent fixtures for cove and furniture. Nice people.
I found them doing research for an store back in 2001, but don't remember how I found them on the web. You may try www.lightsearch.com, but I believe I used another lighting related search engine.
Marcello
ServiceLighting.com
I was in such a hurry to leave for a meeting when I posted that I left out some specifics. I should have been more detailed. There are many fixtures for T8 bulbs but it is very difficult to find ultra slim fixtures like these ones from China: http://www.shinlight.com/engligh/FC7615.htm
I'm looking for similar fixtures available in the US
ServiceLighting.com is an excellent source for bulbs but it is the fixture I'm after...
TIA

Finally found it...
In my own damn backyard no less!
Legion Lighting Company, Inc. 221 Glenmore Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11207 Phone: 718-498-1770 Fax: 718-498-0128 Toll Free Fax 800-4-LEGION e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@legionlighting.com
www.legionlighting.com
The Series 300 strip is specifically designed for a variety of display and utility lighting needs. Compact design occupies minimum space. Quality components, welded construction assuring long trouble free life. Broad range of types and lengths to provide the right light for the job.
http://www.legionlighting.com/300.pdf or http://tinyurl.com/9lcp6

How are they for price? I have a need for about 15 lin. ft.
On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 04:23:22 GMT, "Pierre Levesque, AIA"

Aren't T-8 fixtures standard fare? I can't remember when I've last used T-12s except in retrofit locations and then only the bulbs.
I've always thought T-8s as slimline not ultra slimline. Europeans are in the process of changing over *FROM* T-8s as they are old technology - they are mandating T-5s now (part of their commitment to Kyoto). http://www.aleralighting.com/products/covelight.html http://www.aleralighting.com/products/recsurf.html
A simple T-8 fixture: http://www.lamarlighting.com/web/pdf/s.pdf

I would say T5's are the way to go - assuming spares are available
Another approach might be side emitting fiber optic cable - depends how much light you want on the ceiling - According to the link below you can get up to 400W from a single lamp
http://www.fiberstars.com/cl/prods/illums/clIllumsOpts.asp?CategoryName=Lamps
HTH
Tim