What is it? Set 377

A new set of items has been posted:

Rob H.
2173, brass cover plates for???? ? 2174, jeans rivet installer? 2175A - D, tie press? 2176, welding clamps? 2177, honey or tea holder? 2178, The f> A new set of items has been posted:
Reply to
Michael Kenefick

Reply to
Doug Miller

That's what I was thinking, some kind of finial, could be for a lamp as Doug mentioned. Five days ago I asked the person who sent it to me for the length of it, I asked again two days later in case they forgot, still haven't heard back. Most people are happy to give further information on their items, but for some reason others will submit something and then never reply if I have a question about it.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
2177: Garlic cellar.
Reply to
Kent Walker

It isn't for garlic, nor for ashes, tea, or honey as others have suggested, its real purpose is for something more unusual.

Reply to
Rob H.

2177 For traditional medicine believers ---

A Leach storage jar

Reply to
WayneJ

The air holes at the top suggest it is for keeping something living. What that might be I have no idea.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Crockware was/is most used in the kitchen/pantry area. My initial guess would have been salt or butter crock. I suppose this arena can be ruled out.

How about some kind of (fermenting?) crock, for a medicinal poultice of some kind?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

J Burns

Beer?

Reply to
jim

still use them, you know.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yes, I took the photo in a museum but I'm pretty sure that it's a reproduction of an old leech jar.

Reply to
Rob H.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

2175 -- mail/letter holder?
Reply to
Bill

I sent this earlier, but for some reason it didn't go thru.

2177 For traditional medicine believers -

A Leach storage jar

Reply to
WayneJ

No one has guessed correctly yet for these items.

Reply to
Rob H.

2173) Kind of hard to tell about this. It sort of looks like part of a shortened three-ring binder, or sort of like a snap-on cover for wiring or whatever.

It looks as though you can depress the tabs at the ends, and slide the inner part out of the outer part.

Maybe a decorative wire cover for leading power to paintings for illumination.

2174) A clamp on the kitchen table nutcracker. 2175) O.K. Taken as a whole, they appear to be adjustable height supports for something cylindrical -- perhaps an in-house aquaduct, or perhaps for supporting a wine bottle. The 'b' version is a bit ugly for that latter purpose. 2176) Well ... I can tell that it is a compound leverage nipper but I can't figure what it is specifically for to give it that unusual shape wit the exension on the right as shown. 2177) Vented -- and a bit large for something like the storage of garlic cloves (unless youhave a lot of them).

Perhaps a vessel in which fermentation occurs?

2178) Hmm ...is th ecentral shaft hollow? It looks like a finial for a lamp -- or perhaps a slip-on handle for a beer pump where the shape of the medalion indicates which beer is delivered.

Now to see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Supporting some article of clothing as it dries after being starched?

Reply to
Doug Miller