Suggestions for best school for spray finishing

I'm looking for classes in spray finishing. Basically I would like to learn to set up the gun and proper techniques to spray. Troubleshooting problems would be nice too. The ideal class would have plenty of hands on lab time... I'm not too concerned with color matching, surface prep, and such although I realize that might be forced onto you as the price of admission to the right class.

Various wood schools have occasional classes but they usually are sold out quickly, are lectures instead of hands on, or very small part of a larger finishing class.

I looked at the classes of several spray gun manufactorers and they come closest to what I am looking for. Most of them have a heavy car painting leaning, but that is to be expected. It would be nice if they focused on wood, but I guess if you learn to dial in and recognise proper atomization it doesn't matter if you're spraying paint or pre-cat.

Has anyone been to a class they really were satisfied with and feel it might be what I am looking for? A week is about the longest I could get off work so any that are 5 days or less would be best.

Thanks.

Reply to
me