Re: OT - Luigi is mad, apparently

Looks like >Luigi has a severe case of cabin fever, and is taking it out on North >Carolina. LOL

Looks like you got a 3-4 year supply all at once. Now that you have enough to see, don't forget that if it's yellow, it ain't edible.

Charlie Self If God had wanted me to touch my toes he would have put them higher on my body.

Charlie Self
24" of it just north of us and the temp is 4deg......

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

What a snow job!

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

On 09 Jan 2004 19:50:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

Huh? They have Huskies in NC?

-------------------------------------------- Proud (occasional) maker of Hungarian Paper Towels.

Comprehensive Website Design ======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Palmettoes more likely. They'll probably just barely survive. It snows at Myrtle Beach sometimes, occasionally gets quite cold, and the palmettoes seem to survive. Your climate is a bit more marginal, but a little snow doesn't necessarily doom them.

We got a lot more snow than expected here too. I hope the roads are cleaned up by Sunday night.

Reply to
Silvan

There is NOTHING as ugly as a dead palm tree, especially one killed by freeze.

I lived in Houston during the great 1983 Christmas freeze. A LOT of palm trees died then, and most of them were just left there.

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

And I thought I was having a problem because so many pecans were falling off the trees and getting lost in the leaves.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas

Only 3 1/4"? We got about 38" in Nov/Dec. And it's -2 outside right now.

GTO(John) --in MA

Reply to
GTO69RA4

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:38:45 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) scribbled:

You weren't supposed to give away the secret about my incredible mysterious powers over the weather!

And, BTW, why don't you have a cab or tonneau cover over your pick-up bed? Now you're gonna have to shovel all that snow. That's pretty dumb!

Luigi Zanasi

If you're going to have a bed cover, might as well just drive an SUV.

Reply to
Silvan

I have a rolling bed cover. It is sort of like those covers you used to see with a bazillion snaps all around the bed, but instead of snaps, there is a line of velcro along each side of the bed that holds the cover closed and a latching mechanism at the back of the bed to hold it tight and closed (I know, I'm not doing a real good job of describing this). Takes about 30 seconds to open the cover and roll it to the front in order to use the bed as a full pick-up bed. Otherwise, one can use the bed with the cover in place like an enclosed trunk. Best of both worlds.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Nah, sissy stuff. Real men drive trucks where you can see the road through the gaping rust holes in the bed. :)

(Yeah, like I'm qualified to have an opinion on this issue anyway. I don't have a truck. I borrow Dad's mini van to go buy wood and stuff. A mini van! Bleah!)

Reply to
Silvan

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 03:04:59 GMT, Mark & Juanita scribbled:

'zactly what I have too. Great for keeping the snow out of the bed and off the plywood (and the road dust off the moose quarters).

Luigi Zanasi

Then I shan't dig my hole any deeper by mentioning the bedliner. :-)

Whatever works. My dad is 1000 miles away, same for FIL -- have to be self-sufficient out here.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Yeah, to cover up the gaping rust holes in the bed... I hear they actually cause rust, but OTOH they look at lot better than scratched up paint.

I have a crappy job because when push came to shove, I discovered that staying home was important enough to trump everything else. If it requires being subject to relocation, I won't do it unless I have absolutely no alternative. That rules out a *lot* of jobs these days. Like everything that pays money.

Dad's in the same boat, really. If the local company he works for goes under (and Wal-Mart competes with them, so you can see the writing on that wall), he's plenty qualified to take a similar job with any number of national chains (like Wal-Mart), but they'd all force him to be subject to random relocation.

Random relocation sucks. If I can't buy a house and live in it until I die, what's the point of working at all?

My grandpa bought his house in 1946.

Reply to
Silvan

Well EXCUSE me.... I have a Dodge 3500 Cummins 4x4 with shell, Rhino spray on line AND plastic bed liner insert. So there,,,blaaat. :-))))))))

Seriously I like the Rhino as a primary protector of the metal and as a pretty good sound deadener. The plastic type insert came as part of the purchase deal but it does move and there are holes for the bed tie downs. I was concerned that the plastic line would wear through the paint of the bed with said movement and, paid to have the Rhino sprayed in prior to installing the plastic. Now I am considering having the lower portion of the cab sprayed with the Rhino stuff and eliminate the carpet. Which is a pain in the arse to keep clean and dry in wet muddy weather and harbors damp which could start rust ( so far so good ) in the floor of the cab. Also the sound deadening aspect of the spray on stuff appeals to me. Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice

Dave Fleming

Thanks for posting that. Now I know what to do for my '87 F-150, that I have been unable to find a replacement floor liner for.

yippee.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

I have the sprayed on Rhino liner, a rubber mat and the roll-up vinyl cover with the velcro side fasteners.

The spray on liner is way better than the plastic inserts because it doesn't allow moisture buildup between the liner and the bed, and it's got pretty good traction to it. Those plastic things are slippery.

The cover is great. The bed is always dry and clean.

Reply to
JR