Another tool ID needed V

I posted a few more photos this morning:

Over the weekend I bought small piece of metal with some holes in it at the flea market and I'm not sure if it was made for a reason or if someone was just practicing with their drill. The guy who sold it to me said that he got it from a machinist. The block is 1.75"l x

1.125"w x .625"h and the holes are .25" deep. There is a photo of it at this link:

Anyone know why this might have been made?

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

#106 looks like a stitching tool used in leatherwork.

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

Not quite - if you look closely, those are chisel points on the teeth, not pinpoints. I think it's for tooling the surface of leather, not for marking stitches or for transferring through a paper pattern.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

cutting what is not needed

I thought this was caused by inflation.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Cullimore

Thanks for the info.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

I'm still looking into this one, but as you say, it does look a little wide for a marking tool.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Glad that you liked the site. You're right, there is no way to move forward, but they can go to the home page via the link at the bottom, and then see them all in reverse order from there. That's the only drawback to using the blog format, but on the plus side I get automatic page linking and comments.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

This one isn't a kitchen tool.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

I didn't have time to take more photos, but this page has pictures of many more shrunken coins:

http://205.243.100.155/frames/interesting1.html Here is the site that explains how it was done:

http://205.243.100.155/frames/shrinkergallery.html

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Correct.

Thanks, I was hoping it had some type of use.

Reply to
R.H.

Here is the response I got from a leather worker when I asked him about this one:

"It's for marking leather. It's an overstitch wheel. Simply roll along leather to mark the spacing of stitches for smooth, even results every time. Varying ones available for 5, 6, 7 stitches to the inch."

Number 107 isn't for mops.

This one isn't for leather, but it is used with stitching.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Thanks for sharing those sites, they are impressive

Reply to
Clif

On 2 Sep 2004 01:42:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (R.H.) calmly ranted:

Wrong. Affairs can be "torrid", but ferrous powders are made into toroids, most of which are too small in diameter for torrid affairs.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

OOOUUCCHHHHHHHH!

Reply to
bridger

Nit: torrid. n. 1) parched with the heat of the sun. 2) scorching, burning. 3) passionate/ardent.

While _probably_ *not* what the O.P. "intended", I will suggest that def. #2 could be applicable to a high-intensity, VHF, magnetic field.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:43:44 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) calmly ranted:

Bzzzzt! Look at the squeezed coins and you'll find no burning, scorching, or melting whatsoever. #2 does not apply.

---------------------------------------------------------- --== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--

- Schnazzy Tees online

Larry Jaques

A toroid might be made of ferrous powder but the name doesn't imply ferrous powder. The name refers to the shape. Like a donut.

bob g.

Larry Jaques wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

A toroid might be made of ferrous powder but the name doesn't imply ferrous powder. The name refers to the shape. Like a donut.

bob g.

Larry Jaques wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway