OT: Your ABC'S

Unfortunately, my reasoning is practical, not preferential. Disability does that to you. :)

Reply to
Upscale

Actually, management has been well aware that a large group of us have been spending a lot of time surfing since the merger and all development projects were canceled. The department head was kind enough to not give in to the temptation to make himself look good by cutting head count until he had to. It has been publicly approved by management in departmental all-hands meetings that surfing is permissible if you have nothing else to do, as long as you exercise good judgment.

Reply to
Cleveland Ponder

Did it ever occur to you that if this were the case, then visiting that website wouldn't present a problem?

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Wasn't trying to be sharp with you Cleveland and wish you the best of luck!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Hmmm... Mine is still 4-something, and when I went to Macromedia's download bit, it said something like "unable to find a plugin suitable for your browser and operating system."

So I'm digging around a bit. I just offer the above to explain my attitude.

Looks like this is down to Debian's plugin jump through hoop getter/installer package being way out of date. (They don't have a plugin package. Rather, a package that installs a script to wget and install the thing. That's how Debian handles a lot of non-free stuff.)

Well, alrighty then. 10 minutes later, and I have seen the big hooters. My wife is in the shower right now. Maybe I should go look at some REAL big hooters. :)

Reply to
Silvan