OT: The Day That Jack Kennedy Died

Ditto. Do you like "old country", say "old" as in Western Swing? If so, go to:

Let me know if you do ... I can make some arrangements. ;>)

Reply to
Swingman

Cape Cod Bob notes:

True enough, except for the music and other entertainment categories, full of bands I've never heard of...but so are the airwaves. Just finished driving 650 miles and next time will take some tapes. The music selection is pitiful. Of course, my taste is limited: I dislike current country, crap, most rock after the '60s, find today's jazz sounds like cacophonous shit.

Charlie Self

"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. " Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Charlie Self

Swingman responds:

I'll give it a try. That's Will Self's favorite music, or one of them. He's a musician when he's not a mathemetician, so I've been looking for some CDs to send him while he recuperates from getting whacked by a truck.

Doesn't pay to walk to work these days.

Charlie Self

"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. " Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Charlie Self

Using "karlc" and the wildriverband.com domain name, send me his (or yours, if you want it to come from you) snail mail address and I'll make sure a comp copy of the new CD goes out in tomorrow's mail.

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman notes:

I sent my address: it will still come from you guys, though. I just can't locate the address at the moment.

Many thanks.

Charlie Self

"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." E. B. White

Reply to
Charlie Self

The host is not getting one of two news servers Tom posts from. Simple. And I won't be able to change Adelphia's mind either.

No you ain't one o' them whackos. You can probably guess at least one. He's probably on 90% of the wreck's kill filters.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

I got tired of trying to carry enough CDs to keep things interesting, and almost all of the music stations of every flavor everywhere suck, so I started listening to NPR one day. Now I plan station changes the way some would plan rest stops. Go from 89.1 to 90.7 then 88.1 then 91.5 then 88.5, then a different 91.5, then back to 89.1 and home. I prefer the "NPR News" or "News and Classical" stations, and avoid the all-music stations as much as possible.

Guess I need to get a cardigan now, or a tweed jacket. :)

Reply to
Silvan

So what do you do for balance?

... and a pipe. Oops, forgot, NPR is PC, so smoking is out -- unless of course you are smoking something else (purely for medical purposes of course). :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita