OT: Spammers are killing email

I gotta rant.

Since spam became so ubiquitous and obnoxious, spam filters have been put in place. This is great except that spam blocking will also block perfectly legitimate email from going through. Like an email I tried sending to a friend.

Spammers ought to be shot on sight for f*cking up a really good method of communication.

Reply to
Lazarus Long

Shooting is too good for them Slow suffocation would be more worthy

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

i find that mailwasher helps. it not only deletes spam, but it bounces messages back to the sender, which in theory means to them that the email address is invalid. i have found a reduction in spam email from using it.

-- dz

Lazarus L> I gotta rant.

Reply to
David Zaret

Lazarus Long wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I gotta give you credit for recognizing the problem is spammers, and not the people that run the spam-blocking filters.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Reply to
Joe Gorman

I agree with Joe. The punishment should fit the crime. But I'll modify it a bit: Using pliers, pull off one joint per day.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Good point. And perhaps use a propane torch to cauterize the stump so the SOB doesn't bleed to death too early? Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Agree, but has not Congress passed some legislation to help?

It will drive it offshore, but how hard would it be to pick the top three spamming bastard coutries (Maybe China, Pakaistan and Korea this month?? But, whomever) and simply kill ALL their mail, good, bad, spam, the f***** lot. Their stinking little goverments would soon get the message and do something about. Then start on the next three.

Reply to
Barry Lennox

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:33:15 -0700, "George M. Kazaka" scribbled

If anyone wants to send some to me, I would be happy to either drop them off naked in the bush somewhere when it's 40 below, or, during the summer, tie them to a tree and smear them with bacon grease and orange juice, which just happen to be some of grizzly bears' favourite foods.

Luigi Zanasi

I have been hit 10 times by the paypal scam in the last 3 weeks telling me i have onlt 5 days left to fill out thier form to maintain my account, Ya right I have never used paypal and have no account

Then there is are my freinds in Zimbawee that need my help and i can get a few million bugs, I usually write them back and tell them as soon as the FBI give me clearance i will give them a call.

Gee I wonder why i don't get those e-mail anymore.

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

I've had pretty good luck with the new filters my ISP (Fox) has put in. Their old ones only caught about half the spam, but the new ones are great. At first I did lose a couple of messages, but they've got it fine tuned now to where I haven't heard of any missed ones and I only get one or two spams a week (as opposed to 30-50 a day).

So it is possible.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Take another look. In most cases, you're bouncing it back to some poor user whose address is being used by the spammer. The reply to field in spam almost never points to the real sender.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Reply to
Joe Gorman

If they're lac bugs that might be a good deal.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass