ot:removing striped screw Help

I have a metal lounge chair that has a screw the would not budge. Used wd40 still no help. Now the head is striped. I am lost as to what to do now. Any help would be great.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Dunn

Back in the days when I worked on aircraft, we would take a Dremel tool with a small sanding disk and cut a slot in the head of the buggered up screw. Then you could usually back it out.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Reply to
George

Once you're sure the rust is gone - try those screw extractors from Sears. They've worked out well for the few times I've needed to back out a cheapie-home-depot-this-isn't-steel-it-must-be-play-do screw.

Reply to
tnfkajs

LOL!

-- Ernie

Reply to
Ernie Jurick

Kroil from Kano Labs in Nashville, TN.

They have a web site & an 800 #.

HTH

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

No. HD definitely sells plated Velveeta Cheese screws for gold plated prices. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Screw extractor. There's a company that makes 'em called EZ Out or Easy Out or something. They're industrial quality and generally work pretty well.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
Phil Crow

Not sure what to do ... but it sure seems like the perfect excuse to "justify" the purchase of some NEW, perhaps even EXPENSIVE power tool. But I guess that's just how "my" mind works. =0 )

" Yes Honey, I can fix your chair. I'll just have to get the Binford

5000 with the deluxe turbo... blah blah blah" Sad th>I have a metal lounge chair that has a screw the would not budge. Used wd40
Reply to
Lenny

Bill wrote: Group: rec.woodworking Date: Fri, Jul 18, 2003, 9:41am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Bill=A0Dunn) I have a metal lounge chair that has a screw the would not budge. Used wd40 still no help. Now the head is striped. I am lost as to what to do now. Any help would be great. Bill

****************************************************** Here is the URL for just one website that offers what you are looking for. You can go to "search", type in "screw extractors" and find many more.

~ Sir Edgar =F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8= =F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8

Reply to
Sir Edgar

I finally got it loose with LOTS of heat and LOTS of Liquid Wrench and a Screw driver with a 15 inch crescent wrench attached for leverage.

Thanks a again.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Dunn

I'd get some tiny paint brushes and some good oil-based paint and go crosswise on the stripes to make it plaid. Then I'd leave it be, Bill. Ah reckon.

------------------------------------------------------- "i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society. ----

Dynamic Website Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques