OT: Grocery store

There is a guy in front of me at the grocery store check-out and in front of him is a woman.

She puts on the belt: a single potato, a small container of milk, half a carton of eggs,

3 slices of ham, a small handful of green beans, two crusty buns and one apple.

The guy in front of me says to her: "You're single, aren't you?"

She bats her eyes and says: "How did you guess?"

He replies: "Because you're rather ugly."

Reply to
Robatoy

I think that's too mean spirited to qualify as a "joke". "She" should have replied, "You're rather quite a piece of work yourself."

Reply to
Bill

You didn't crack a smile even?

Reply to
Robatoy

" Does this dress make my butt look big? . . "Nooo.. it's your BUTT that makes that dress look big...."

Reply to
Robatoy

No, why, there was no joke.

Now if she had replied, "Okay, I'm ugly, and you're an asshole. But I can always put on makeup," then it might have been worth a smile.

Reply to
DGDevin

Did you say "mean spirited", Bill? Y'mean Toy is now a fellow Republican, like his buddy, Sarah Palin?

-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sorry, I saw tears in her eyes...

Bill

Reply to
Bill

This was an old joke! OP did not really hear that at the store.

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

Reply to
Robatoy

Who'se trolling now, Jackko? LOL

Gawd... I express a couple of conservative views and now I'm trying to crawl under Palin's skirt?

Reply to
Robatoy

Now THAT is sooo kneeslappingggg...awful... "I can always put on make- up, yes but tomorrow I'll be sober....come ON, that line is as dead as your sense of humour.

Reply to
Robatoy

Nuttin' better than Alaska Salmon

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

GOOD ONE!

Reply to
Zz Yzx

I knew it! Thanks for confessing. It's good for the soul. (And other parts of the shoe, you heel.)

-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well *I* don't toe the party line; I am too straight-laced for that.

Reply to
Robatoy

I didn't. If I were behind the guy, I would have punched him,

Reply to
willshak

Oooooo tough guy... punching people in fictitious fables...

Reply to
Robatoy

Someone with a sense of humor that relies on pointless derision of a person for their appearance (rather than their character) is in no position to lecture anyone else on what is or isn't funny. What's next, you gonna tell a joke about laughing at someone in a wheelchair?

Reply to
DGDevin

One night, I was having a few pints in The Jolly Miller (Hog's Hollow, Toronto) and struck up a conversation with a guy on a barstool next to me. We talked about cars, sports, weather...and scotch. At one point, I looked over to say something to him and he had fallen off his barstool. He was mumbling and I tried to help him up. But every time, when I thought I had him back on his feet, he fell down again. Finally, I told Stu, the bartender to call the guy a cab. I carried him downstairs to the sidewalk and when the cab showed up, I had to look in the guys wallet to get his address... I figured, I'll go with him, and drop him off... it wasn't very far. When I dragged him to the front porch, I rang the doorbell and his wife opened the door. She took one look at her hubby, and thanked me for dropping him off; taking care of him. She wanted to pay me for the cab, something I refused. As I walked off the porch, she asked: "where did you leave his wheelchair?"

Reply to
Robatoy

Oooooo tough guy... punching people in fictitious fables...

Oooo That would hurt, getting punched in the fables But, he also claims heroically, that he would normally attack someone from behind REAL hero !!

Reply to
George W Frost